Monday, April 18, 2011

no ordinary weekend

This weekend was no ordinary weekend for me. I was able to spend Sat and Sun with an amazing fashion designer Amy Hamilton in her intermediate hat designing workshop class in Granville Ohio. From her urban farmhouse home to her "his and hers" detached studio's, to the flower gardens and stone walkways her place was DREAM COME TRUE for most artists.

Amy Hamilton is the owner of Granville Millinery Company located in Granville Ohio. She is originally from Southern Vermont and came to Ohio to study Fashion Design at Columbus College of Art and Design. Her 20+ years millinery knowledge however is self taught and mighty fine I must say. Her designs are truly amazing and her personalty is most admirable. I cannot say enough about her or her designs. Read more about Amy Hamilton.

Here are a few pictures of our weekend in her studio. We had a blast designing and just chatting it up with one another. Lots of stories were exchanged and tons of laughing as well.

My hats are the two natural colored in the middle. The light grey with the navy vintage feather accent sitting on the tall hat stand is my parasisal straw hat, which we made on Sat. The small natural colored with bow/feather accent sitting on the canvas head is my felted wool hat which we made on Sun. Im not sure which hat is my favorite although both were challenging but so much fun to design.
Made some really great friends in the process.
Me concentrating very hard on tacking that feather just right.
Ladies hard at work! Yes you can see how big my belly is getting these days. 22 wks along
Got it!
The straw hat that Im wearing here was a completely unexpected design. I think it ended up beautiful with a "Chanel" type style.

No comments:

Post a Comment